Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easy Creole Haddock

This morning was a tough morning, there was no way I was even going to contemplate working out. I decided to just skip right to my breakfast. On today's menu was oatmeal with blueberries & bananas topped with strawberries! I paired this delicious breakfast with some coffee.


I think I could eat this every morning.

Kelly and I ran a few errands this morning for Lily's upcoming 2nd birthday. I just have to say that party stores are sooooo overwhelming, I don't enjoy them at all. I think the main reason is because I feel like I am getting ripped off. :)

Our last errand was to Old Navy and they had an awesome Clearance Special on their jewelry. All clearance items were an additional 30% off. I just love this place, I was able to get two necklaces and 2 sets of hoop earrings for $12.62. 

When we got home I made myself get in my workout clothes and drink some water. :) I went outside to do the Tone Up Anytime, Anywhere. This workout kicks my booty every time but I do always feel better after I sweat it out! After I completed this workout I headed in to make a Green Monstah in honor of being in Boston.

Pretty tasty!

After cleaning up I told Kelly and my brother that I would cook them a fish dinner. I went to my go to my cook book, which is CookingLight.com. I found a Creole Cod recipe that looked quite tasty. I headed to the store to grab some fresh cod but when I got there the haddock looked much better. Here is the recipe for Creole Haddock, it's so easy:

1) Make the marinate
    2 tsp dijon mustard
    2 tsp olive oil
    1/2 tsp creole seasoning blend
    1/2 tsp salt



2) Get out two long pieces of aluminum foil to place
haddock on

3) Coat the haddock with the marinate and wrap in foil

4) While haddock is on grill cooking (10-15 minutes)
start steaming the asparagus. 

5) Serve a piece of haddock with 5-6 asparagus spears
and some lemon wedges.

This recipe was delish and I think you could use the same marinate for chicken. It was wonderful, light, fresh and idiot proof! :)

Now its dessert time....my favorite watermelon sorbet with chocolate sprinkles. It never lets me down and it makes me sleep like a baby. :) 

A tiny piece of heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment