Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tapas Style Restaurants are Da Bomb

Tonight we are headed into Boston for an early dinner and a Red Sox game. I have never been to Fenway in all my visiting to Boston so I was super excited about it. Kelly selected 5 places to choose from for dinner and I chose another Tapas restaurant because I really love the concept of trying multiple items on the menu. J
94 Mass Ave is located just off Newbury street and really close to Fenway. Our reservation was for 5pm and when we got there our plan was to each order 2-3 dishes, collectively we like to eat a lot. Check out the spread we ordered below:
Bacon Wrapped Figs – The sweet and salty mix was great I enjoyed both of my bites. J  They are very filling so I would order this dish to share.
Tater Tots – These are simply the best tater tots I have ever had in my entire life. They had the perfect crunch and the center was sooooooooooo creamy. J Totally recommend these!

Beet Salad – The beet salad was beautiful. Everything on it was super fresh and quite tasty. If you are looking for a lighter option on the menu this would be an item to consider.
Truffle Oil Fries – Let’s start by saying that anything with truffle oil is delicious so these fries were AMAZING and the presentation was even better. Again the fries weren’t greasy they had just the right crunch and dipping them in the pesto ricotta dip was again simply AMAZING. Let’s just say that these are Kelly & Lindsay APPROVED.










Chicken Tacos – These tacos are so cute…there are four in total. J The meat was so tender and flavorful!
Pork Tacos – Everyone at the table said these were delish but I held out on having one because I was starting to get full and my Tuna Tartar and grilled cheese were still to come.
 









Tuna Tartar – This was super tasty and enjoyable, the tuna was bright and seasoned perfectly. I recommend this dish if you are looking for a light and healthier item on the menu.

Lobster Grilled Cheese – Finally the dish that Kelly & I were looking forward to the entire meal. And let me tell you it even surpassed our expectations. The presentation was awesome, the cheese was super gooey, tons of lobster in every bite and the tomato bisque was the perfect pairing. This was my favorite dish!! PERFECTION.


Dessert Time
Coconut Bread Pudding – The bread pudding was not your typical bread pudding. It was a little dry and lacked the gooeyness I personally love. I wouldn’t order it again but I did end up eating more than one bite. :)
Cream Puff Thingy - I didn't have a bite of this one but it went fast. The caramel sauce, ice cream and cream puff pastry was a perfect 10 to Kelly! She had trouble sharing it with my brother.
94 Mass Ave was a great pre-game spot. The atmosphere, service and food was great. I totally recommend hitting this spot sometime in the near future. Be sure and order a good mix of items because everything is so good. As we walked towards Fenway we all were stuffed…I’m not sure I will have room for a ballpark frank or pretzel. L
When we got to Fenway it was beautiful, our seats were great and the weather was perfect. I love this ballpark!!! I do have to admit I wore a Boston Red Sox had while they were playing the Seattle Mariners...it just felt right. :) The game was so fun and I can finally check Fenway off my Boston Bucket List. :)
We are so hot!
 









I am totally falling in love with the city of Boston...more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment