Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dead-Lifting Take 2

Today started off with a little blogging and catching up with the Royal Wedding. My gosh what a beautiful fairytale wedding.
Breakfast was super boring because nothing really sounded that great. I ended up having a bowl of my favorite blueberry flax granola with skim milk along with an egg with a little spinach. No picture because it was so unimpressive.
Today’s workout is with my brother again. I really want  to LOVE weight-lifting and strength training, so hopefully him showing me a couple routines will help me love it. J Here’s today’s workout:
Hip Activation
1)      Side – lying x8
2)      Standing glute kickback x8
3)      Hurdles x5
Core Activation – 3 sets
1)      Kneeling rollouts x8
2)      Side plank & thrust x8
Strength
1)      Barbell Dead Lift
a.       45lbs x 8
b.      75 lbs x 5
c.       95 lbs x 3
2)      Assisted band pull-ups
a.       3 sets of 2
3)      Unwinding x8
4)      Elevated reverse lunge
a.       No weight x 6
b.      10lbs x 6
c.       10lbs x 6
5)      Elevated push-up (chest to ball)
a.       3 sets of 8
6)      Curls 
a.       15lbs x 5
b.      15lbs x 5
c.       15lbs x 6
7)      Sled push
a.       4 sets of 45lbs x 20 yards
b.      20 seconds, 22 seconds, 12 seconds, 11 seconds
Wow is all I can say…this workout was difficult. I was actually making noises when I lifted! J Favorite part of the workout was the sled push and dead lifting. Least favorite part was PULL-Ups….okay assisted pull-ups because I am sooooo weak. I love trying new workouts and feeling sore the next day.
After my tough workout I headed to Pejamajo Café, it is right by my brother’s house. I love this crepe café because they use natural, local, sustainable and organic whenever possible in all there dishes. Today I opted for their Billy Goat sandwich: Westfield Farms goat cheese, organic honey, sundried tomatoes and organic mushrooms on toasted wheat bread. My mouth was watering before the sandwich even came because seriously how can anything taste bad with goat cheese & honey! J When the sandwich arrived I inhaled it and enjoyed every single bit! It was also paired with a light mixed green salad.
I seriously wanted to bathe in the goat cheese that was in my sandwich. I totally recommend this sandwich and cafe! Check it out.

Today is a big day we are all headed to the Red Sox game tonight. They are playing Seattle but you can bet I will be wearing a Red Sox hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment