Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Auntie Lindsay Time!

Today I get to babysit my niece for the entire day! I decided that I must get in a good breakfast before my day of entertaining. :) I had some delicious Blueberry Flax Granola topped with fresh strawberries and a sandwich thin with peanut butter and Nutella! Oh don't forget my large cup of coffee to give me some energy!

Lily and I both said goodbye to Mommy and now it was on....Auntie vs. Lily! I can't even tell you how many times she told me "NO" to different outfits, doing her hair and putting on sunscreen! Probably about 100 times. It made me smile though because she is 2...you can't really reason with her. It took about 45 minutes to do the three tasks above! :)

Thank goodness it was nice outside because Lily loves to go outside! We played on the swing and throw rocks in a storm drain for about an hour. :) She loves finding rocks and playing in the dirt. AWESOME! Auntie didn't even have to entertain her because she entertained herself. We headed back inside to have a quick lunch before nap time. Lily wasn't really feeling lunch but I got a few cute shots of her.


 She is so much fun!! Next step was nap time...I tried laying down with her and she took the bait but then got up and wanted to go outside, so of course we went outside for about 20 minutes. Attempt #2 had a similar outcome. :) But Attempt #3 she was down for the count. :) While Lily slept I decided to do some workout videos on On-Demand. Here is my workout:

Workout 1 - Boot Camp Cal Burn w/ Kendell Hogan
This workout was pretty darn good and I had a decent sweat going for the entire 30 minutes. I liked that you didn't need any equipment...think jumping jacks, mountain climbers, push-ups, squats and lots of looking ridiculous. :)

Workout 2 - 30 Day Jump Start w/ The Biggest Loser Contestants
This workout was only 10 minutes but pretty darn intense. It was similar to my first workout but still enjoyable. I am not an avid watcher of The Biggest Loser so I didn't know any of the people leading the workout...but I still liked it.

Workout 3 - 20 Minute Incredible Abs 5 w/ Cindy Whitmarsh
This workout was a little different than I expected because I just thought you would be doing a ton of crunches. To my surprise I didn't do one crunch instead I did a lot of variations of a plank!

Sweating it out w/ Cindy Whitmarsh!

It was awesome that I could do these workouts in the same room as a sleeping toddler! :) I had no idea that On-Demand had so many fitness shows available for free. Check out Exercise.TV.com for all their workouts.

Lily was a champion napper today she slept for 3 hours making my job super easy. Today was a great day because I got to spend the entire day with Lily, she is such a cutie! Now its time to see if Auntie makes it past 7pm tonight. :)

Such an easy toddler to hangout with!

No comments:

Post a Comment