Saturday, April 9, 2011

Go Sounders!

I knew today was going to be a good day! I woke up and decided I am taking the day off from working out. :) I had to be in Seattle around 10:30 because my friend Kristin was making brunch before we headed to the Sounders game at 1pm.

I decided to make a nice and fruity smoothie for breakfast. This smoothie included spinach, 1/2 frozen banana, handulf of frozen blueberries, 2 strawberries, a handful of mangos and 8 ounces of almond milk. Blend it and you have a nice sweet smoothie to kick off the day. This is one of my favorites...I just need a catchy name for it. Stay tuned!

Sweet, fresh & healthy!

Delish!
I headed into Seattle to meet Kristin at her Capitol Hill apartment and we had a healthy omelete and some great conversations. We decided to save money and take the bus to the game...$2.25 each way. I love saving money and riding the bus is always an adventure. :)

We got to the game about 45 minutes before kickoff and headed to the Elysian Brewing Company to have a beer! I love going out with Kristin because she knows everyone and today she knew the bartender who was very generous. Two free beers...BAM! We did however tip him generously.

A beer in the afternoon is so tasty!


Season tickets BABY...we looked like we belonged! Scarves Up.

Attendence 36,000 soccer fans...who knew!

After we enjoyed our beers we headed to the game. Before we went to our seats we met up with Sarah to get some photos because I now think of myself as a blogger. :) The weather in Seattle has been crazy all three of us were dressed for the worst...check out my parka, Kristin's rainboots and Sarah's rain coat! It turned out to be super sunny and beautiful for the entire game...YAY.

We make the Sounders look good!

We were not prepared for the sun...squinty eyes all around!

We were able to attend this game because our friend John was out of town and had two amazing season tickets with our name on them! Thank you JOHN, the tickets ended up being only 10 rows back. This Saturday was turning out to be the best day in a long time. :) Plus the Sounders scored in the first 10 minutes but so did the Chicago Fire. BOO!

Seattle scored 2 minutes later!

All the crazy fans!

The game was so much fun we stood up and yelled the entire 90 minutes. The Sounders played really good and ended up winning 2-1. Both Seattle goals were great and our goalkeeper Kasey Keller saved our butts numerous times in the second half.

Final score 2-1...Seattle WINS!

After the game we headed back to the Elysian Brewing Company for one more beer...we had too. It was just the right thing to do. After having a beer we decided to find the bus route and head back to Capitol Hill. I have been housesitting all week and I had to rush home to let the animals out for their potty break. Good thing because I feel like things could have gotten out of control at the brewery really quickly...there is always another game...fingers crossed!

This Sounders game cost each of us under $20...that is my kind of Saturday! Thanks for an amazing day Kristin. We must do it again next weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention my hot khaki work pants...thankfully I brought some jeans to change into :)
    Such a fun game...and time at Elysain afterward :)

    ReplyDelete