Thursday, April 7, 2011

Healthy Quesadillas

Today I decided to hit the gym and do one of my favorite workouts: Burn 400 Calories without Getting Bored. I love this workout because you get a lot of variety and you never look at the clock and say "is it over yet?"

I came home and had a late breakfast. I wanted to switch it up so I made an egg with a bunch of veggies in it. I threw togethers eggs with spinach, red onion and leftover herb stuffed chicken! Oh and I also had small Green Monstah. :)


Yummy breakfast burrito!

After taking my time at the gym and relaxing much of the day I decided to make a healthy quesadillas! I saw a recipe on the Women's Health Magazine website for Black Bean Quesadilla's with Corn Salad. Apparently this recipe has nine grams of belly-fat-fighting fiber. :) Check out the recipe below:

1) Gather all the ingredients...

Cheese
Cumin
Frozen Santa Fe Vegetables
Tortillas
Black beans
Low sodium diced tomatoes with green chiles
Garlic
Mexican style tomatoes
Limes




2) Add the black bean mixture to a large skillet
and cook until liquid disappears

1 can of black beans
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
2 tablespoon of Cumin







3) Make the corn salsa! Microwave the Santa Fe
Vegetables and add the Mexican style tomatoes (don't discard the liquid) and lime juice and mix in a bowl.










3) Get your tortilla and fill it with the bean mixture
and cheese. Put it in the oven and broil for a couple of minutes.










4) And BAM you are done! The final product is a
cheesy protein packed quesadilla. :)












5) Pair the cheesy quesadilla with the corn salad and you have the perfect Mexican Fiesta!











After my Mexican Fiesta I decided I wanted  dessert! On tonight's menu were Milano Cookies and a Hansen's Strawberry & Kiwi drink from Trader Joe's. This dessert really hit the spot and made my heart happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment