Friday, April 1, 2011

Chaotic Traveling

Let’s just start by saying that plans were altered a bit en route to Palm Springs this past weekend. Check it out:
1)      8:00pm Flight from Seattle to Salt Lake City 20 minutes late, doesn’t seem like a big deal right??? I wasn't upset about the slight delay because I got to sit in the Sky Lounge.  I decided to be really embarassing and try everything bc I love free things!

This snack hit the spot! Thank you Delta!

2)      9:25pm The connecting flight from Salt Lake City to Ontario left 20 minutes early therefore leaving me stranded in Salt Lake City for the night. Thank you oh so very much DELTA!
But on a high note the Delta representative asked me if I was old enough to sit in the exit row…no joke! I had no hard feelings toward him after that comment. J
3)      9:35 pm Delta was so accommodating that they put me up at the Airport Comfort Inn. This place was clean and the people were sweet but it wouldn’t have been my first choice.

Had my own DVD player...free DVD's and popcorn!

4)      3:00 am I finally fell asleep on the pull out couch because I finally decided to succumb to my cold and stuffy nose. I feel like when your noise starts running your sleep is the first thing to suffer.
5)      6:00 am Up early for our FREE breakfast at the Comfort Inn. I decided I am going to overload on carbs because I was so hungry…blueberry bagel – check, half of a waffle – check, raisan bran – check. J I wanted cereal to so bad but when I started to pour my milk into the bowl the milk was frozen…see below. Awesome!!!
Frozen milk...yum!

Carb friendly breakfast!

6)      7:00 am Got to the airport around 7:00am and about 7:10am realize I have lost my drivers license en route to Salt Lake City. I started to panic a little bit but surprisingly didn’t start to cry. J I showed them my bank card and Costco card and somehow they let me through without any questions or extra pat downs or searches. Thank you so much Salt Lake City!!

Hmm...something seems to be missing???? Believe me this was no April Fools Joke!

Who knew how valuable a Costco card could be. Well worth the membership free! :)

7)      8:40 am Still can’t find my ID but finally landed at Ontario and en route to Palm Springs.
Whoa that was a long night and morning! I felt pretty horrible all day yesterday but woke up today feeling really good accept for my stuffy noise. I finally arrived pool side at the Colony Palms Hotel in Palm Springs around 12pm and this place is amazing. I think the best way to describe it is that is has a very old Hollywood feeling to it.
This hotel doesn't seem very regal from the outside but once you enter the gate you walk into a beautiful courtyard that is so private and gorgeous. It was everything that I hoped it was going to be.

After I checked in I headed to the room to quickly change into my swimsuit so I could get my tan on. The room was really cute!!

As you can see my stuff is everywhere!

Just in case I needed my own bar!

I love this shower!

Off to get my tan/burn on!! I can't wait for the three day party to begin. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment