Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Asian Fusion

I woke up to the cutest sound today....Lily opening her door saying "ello!" That tiny, squeaky, high-pitched voice just starts you off on a high note. :)

I got my butt up and went on a 4 mile run around the surrounding neighborhoods. I ran a hill a couple of times to integrate some intervals into this run. After the run I headed home to get showered and ready to hit the outlets for a day of shopping. My breakfast included greek yogurt topped with strawberries and a half of a sandwich thin topped with peanut butter and bananas. I was in such a hurry after showering that I forgot to take a picture...whoops.

We dropped Lily off at school and headed to the outlets. I absolutely love hanging out with Kelly because she has two breakfasts. We got to the outlets a little early so we made a pit stop at Dunkin Donuts. I of course orders a sprinkles donuts and a regular coffee (remember this means a super sweet blonde coffee)....today's coffee flavor was toasted almond. I have to say it was the BEST so far.

So Good!

After having a FUN second breakfast (thank you Kelly for making this a real thing) we headed to go shopping. I only got stuff from The Gap which is pretty typical because they have the best deals. :) I was able to get an awesome gold necklace and yoga pants for under $25. I love outlets because the pants were 50% off and then you get 10% off every item if you show your AAA card. So I got my pants for $11 and the necklace for $12...awesome. Another Gap Outlet tip: if you bring in a reusable bag you get another 10% off. :)

What a Deal!!!

After walking the outlets for the morning we got home just in time for lunch. My brother and Lily met us at home to enjoy some leftovers. :) Again I couldn't make up my mind about lunch so I reheated a little bit of the leftover spaghetti squash and had an open face turkey sandwich with jalapenos, shredded cheese and mustard! AMAZING. 

Weird combo but really enjoyable.

The rest of the day we just hung around the house and took turns playing with Lily. She has so much energy....I really don't think I could do a whole day with her alone. Auntie gets tired really fast!!! For dinner Kelly and I are meeting Irene in Boston for a Girls Night!

For dinner I had four options and I opted for Myers + Chang located in the South End of Boston. I chose this mainly because they offered a creative Asian Fusion menu...and I love all types of Asian food. I have never been to an Asian Infused tapas style restaurant and I feel like I have been deprived because this is definitely the best way to eat Asian food. Take a look at what we ordered:


Item 1 - Hot & Sour Soup = Delish
I loved that this soup had pork, shiitakes mushrooms and tofu. A little bit of this and a little bit of that...with a great flavors.

Item 2 - Sweet Potato Fritters
This was a perfect dish to split, there were 3 fritters one for each of us. The fritters had a great flavor and the sauce added just the right amount of spice.
Item 3 - Braised Pork Belly Buns
Kelly LOVED these buns. The dish came with two buns that we split in half. The buns had a nice sweet flavor thanks to the hoisin brandy sauce.

                    
Item 4 - Pan Roasted Soy Glazed Salmon
This was a good size piece of salmon. It was served with rice
and crispy deep fried onions. YUMMO. This was a great salmon dish...I really enjoyed taking a bite with all the flavors and sides.



Item 5 - Wok-Charred Udon Noodles
This was my favorite dish. I was not prepared for the kick that the sauce had but it made me very happy. The baby bok choy, chicken and noodles were pure perfection. :)





Item 6 - Wok-Roasted Mussel
The mussels were so tasty. They were super flavorful you could really taste the lemongrass. The garlic toast was the perfect pairing...dip it in the extra broth and you won't be disappointed.






I love tapas style dinners because you get to taste so many different dishes. Next time we definitely need to try the chicken & waffles and one of the dumplings. I recommend this trendy Asian Fusion restaurant to any foodie. Girls Night's are the best...thanks Kelly and Irene for letting me tag alone.

Can you believe they are both preggers?

We didn't even plan our outfits to match!

Please take note that we restrained ourselves from dessert...just this one night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment