Thursday, April 21, 2011

Long Live the Gaucho Sandwich!

Today I is the right day in Boston I woke up completely exhausted...I looked at Lily while she was eating breakfast and I said "Auntie Lindsay is Tired..." Lily responded with "yeah" and a smile. So cute!

The big girl ponytail kills me!

As Lily was chowing down on some oatmeal...I decided to follow her lead and make some oatmeal for myself. I added some frozen blueberries and a half of a banana. I turned out super tasty! I paired it with coffee and a half of a sandwich thin. :)


Totally recommend added fruit to the oatmeal...10x better!

I was so excited when Kelly told me we had a few errands to run and then we were relaxing at home because she had some work to do.

First stop: Panera Bread...for Kelly's second breakfast. I just freaking love her style.

Second stop: Target...Easter shopping!

Third stop: Nordy's Rack...I had a giftcard that I wanted to use. :) I ended up getting two stylish tops that Kelly suggested so I know they are cool. The total cost was under $30...what a deal. What do you think?

I'm so excited for my new summer gear!

Look at those prices...I win!

Four stop: HOME! I headed up to my bed because it was 11:00am and this chick needed a nap. I didn't even have the energy to take off my coat or shoes. I slept for an hour and then woke up motivated to workout.

Today's workout was a variation of Tuesday's workout Tone Up Anytime, Anywhere! Today I started off with a 9:15 pace half mile and then did two sets of the workout. After my second set I did a 9:30 pace half mile to finish up my workout. This workout is TOUGH! I have to say the jump squats and push-ups are the worst part...if you can get past that you are golden. :) After my workout I made myself a delicious blueberry protein shake...with blueberries, a banana, almond milk and protein powder. It was pretty darn tasty! BTW I love the Magic Bullet it is so convenient for a single serving shake. :)

Note: Item 1 on Lindsay's 2011 X-Mas List: Magic Bullet!

I decided today that I wanted to make dinner for the family and Kelly and I decided we wanted some sort of steak sandwich. So I told here I was going to make her my famous Gaucho Sandwiches. This is my go to recipe for impressing people. :) I found this recipe in a Rachel Ray Magazine years ago...and it never disappoints.

Here is a condensed version of the recipe:

1) Gather the ingredients pictured here! Turn oven broiler on HI.

2) Chop the onions and tomatoes and put in a bowl


3) Place the jalapeno, garlic and parsley in the food 
processor. Place on low until the mixture is finely chopped. 
4) Place flank/skirt steak on a foil lined broiling pan. Cook for 15-20 flipping the meat every 5 minutes.

5) Take meat out of the oven and let rest. While meat is resting add the EVOO, red wine vinegar and lime juice to the food processor. Mix for 2-3 minutes on low.

6) Place buns in the oven to toast

7)  Add 1/3 of the food processor mixture to the tomato and onion bowl and toss evenly

8) Cut the meat and toss it in a bowl with 1/3 of the food processor mixture

9) Take out the buns and top with the meat, tomatoes mixture and goat cheese! Below is the finished product. I delicious, crunchy, flavorful Gaucho Sandwich. This recipe didn't disappoint again. :) 

Long Live the Gaucho Sandwich!

On a side note look at how Lily looks like a little girl now...no more baby Lily! But seriously how cute is she in her bohemian outfit and high ponytail??




I am just loving my extended stay in Boston...more to come. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment