Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lindsay's Creperie

This morning I woke up motivated to make my apartment into a Creperie! I love sweet crepes and I found a great recipe in my Cooking Light cookbook: Crepes with Bananas & Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce that I was so excited to try. This is my first attempt at crepes and I was a little nervous but they turned out to be super easy an not that bad for you. :)

 1) Get out all the ingredients

Crepes
1 cup Flour
1 tablespoon of Sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cup fat-free milk
2 large eggs
Cooking Spray

Chocolate Sauce & Filling
1/4 Cup of Nutella
2 tablespoon fat-free milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 bananas
3 strawberries



2) Mix crepe ingredients and chill for 15
minutes in the fridge.
3) Pour 1/4 cup of the crepe mixture in a non-stick pan and cook for 1 minute. (Discard your first crepe) :)
4) Flip crepe and cook for 30 more seconds.
5) Repeat! Prepare the chocolate sauce over medium high heat in a saucepan until smooth. While the chocolate sauce is cooking prepare your bananas in a skillet.
6) Create your crepes! These crepes are delish...Lindsay's Creperie is officially open for business. :)
 The nutella sauce is soooo delish!
I can't wait to experiment with savory crepes next time. This recipe was super easy and less than 300 calories for two crepes! Anyone have any good suggestions for sweet or savory crepes?

No comments:

Post a Comment