Monday, April 25, 2011

Spaghetti Squash Addiction

I felt a little heavier getting up today. :) Celebrating Easter twice and getting a basket of candy can really do wonders to your body in a short amount of time. I decided to get my workout done early because I am pretty sure that it wouldn't happen later in the day. I ran around 4 miles (10 minute pace) around the surrounding neighborhoods. I really like the route I have made here because there is a nice variation in elevation. :)

After getting my workout done early I headed in for breakfast. I had a nice blueberry & banana protein shake paired with a half of Kelly's delicious sticky bun. Good thing I was headed to witness Lily's gymnastics so I could chase her around and potentially burn some of those calories off. :)

Kelly is the best baker ever!

We were off to toddler gymnastics next...Lily has the most ridiculous gymnastics outfit ever. She loves it so much and looks at herself in the mirror constantly. Check it out:


This class was so fun to watch as 2 year olds perform their version of gymnastics. Auntie's favorite part of the warm-up is shown below:

So much fun!

For lunch I decided to eat SUPER healthy because I had a sticky bun post workout. I decided to make a fruit bowl of strawberries and a half of a ruby red grapefruit. I also made a half of a turkey sandwich topped with mustard and goat cheese with a side of spinach. It was actually quite tasty and filling. 

Back on the wagon again!

It turned out just to be the ladies tonight for dinner so Kelly decided to make spaghetti squash again with a turkey meat sauce. We had this last week and we couldn't get enough of it so why not make it again. Here are the instructions:

Bake the spaghetti squash in the oven at 400 
degrees for 40-60 minutes. Tip: drizzle the squash 
with olive oil to prevent sticking.

Brown your ground turkey in a frying pan. When
brown add a jar of your favorite spaghetti squash
with lots of chopped garlic and fresh basil. :)

Simmer your sauce until the spaghetti squash is 
tender and easy to fork. 

Now you are ready to serve your spaghetti squash. Scoop out the squash and top it with the meat sauce. I recommend garlic bread too. :) I added some fresh spinach and balsamic dressing...I was still feeling guilty about that darn sticky bun. :)

Totally recommend this light pasta dish!

No dessert tonight but I can't wait to have it tomorrow. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment