Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Shrimp Cobb Salad!

I have been hearing nothing but wonderful things about quinoa. A couple of weeks ago I made a Quinoa Salad that was delish but this time I wanted to try it for breakfast. :) I looked around the internet and made my up by own version after looking at numerous recipes....I came up with this:


Ingredients

1/2 cup of TJ's Quinoa
  1  cup of Almond Milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 of a banana







1) Bring the almond milk to a boil
2) Add quinoa, cinnamon, vanilla & banana to milk
3) Stir and reduce burner heat to low
4) Let simmer for 12 minutes or until liquid has evaporated


Scoop 1/4 cup of quinoa into a bowl and enjoy!

The quinoa smelled awesome and even tasted better than I expected. The texture is different so it may take some getting used to but the flavor is to die for. :) This recipe makes 2 servings. ENJOY





I decided to try a new workout class at 24 Hour Fitness today called "Cardio Blast." The class was crazy intense and the instructor Lisa made me laugh the entire 60 minutes. During the class we did bursts of cardio mixed with 100 pushups, multiple abs exercises, lots of squats and free weights to tone our arms. I loved this class and I can't wait to try it again! If you want a cardio and strength training workout I totally recommend this class.

After class I headed home to eat a late lunch that included a ginormous Mango Smoothie and some leftover tuna salad. :) The mango smoothie was amazing and totally stuffed me because it was so large and in charge.



I wanted to make a nice salad for dinner today so as usual I went searching for a recipe on CookingLight.com. I found a recipe called Shrimp Cobb Salad, it looked amazing. Below are the instructions to this light version of a cobb salad:



1) Fry 4 slices of bacon in a skillet

2) While bacon is cooking chop up the tomatoes, carrots, avocado and defrost the frozen corn.

3) After bacon is done chop up into bacon bits



4) Cook the shrimp mixture





5) Prepare the dressing in a large bowl, whisk all the ingredients together.











6) Toss the romaine lettuce in the large bowl with the dressing.

7) Place 1 1/2 cups of lettuce on a plate and add all the veggies, bacon and shrimp!

8) BAM you have a beautiful healthy salad.



This salad was delicious. The dressin had nice tangy flavor and was super light. This is hands down the best cobb salad I have ever had in my life. Definitey two thumbs up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment