Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back to Reality

I am back to reality of rain and having to figure out my life. :) I am still not feeling like myself...I am still fighting that darn cold and now fighting emotional stress. BOO

I am currently unemployed and I have no idea what to do with my life. I was never the girl that said I want to be a _______ so I am going to do it. I have never been super career driven and I would really like that to change.

What I enjoy: fitness, healthy living, having fun, being frugal but yet fabulous :), learning, being a part of something
What I am good at: coordinating projects/events, implementing visions, quick learner & enjoys fast paced environment

What does this all mean?? I don't have a clue. I think I just want find something that allows me to grow and love my entire life.I do know that I don't want to go to work and just watch the clock tick anymore!!
I have decided I am taking this week to get healthy and gain perspective on my life. This new challenge is an opportunity that I need to embrace...rather than get me down. 

I headed to the gym to sweat out my emotions! I decided that the 45 Minute Scorcher was just what I needed. :) It is amazing what a visit to the gym can do for your body and mental state of mind. I headed home and made myself a small green monstah and quesadilla. :)

I was having Mary over for dinner so I decided to prep what I could early so we could chat and enjoy our wine while dinner was cooking. I decided that I wanted to make Herb & Goat-Stuffed Chicken Breast with Spinach courtesy of Cooking Light. Duh. I decided to prep the chicken stuffing and make a simple appetizer. The simple appetizer was mixing honey and the rest of the goat cheese. :) Yummy

Mary arrived with wine and flowers to cheer me up! That is a true friend...so knew what would make me smile. I realized that I have the most amazing family and friends in the world.

How amazingly beautiful are these?

1) Gather all the ingredinents








2) Mix the chicken stuffing together

Parsley
Mint
Goat Cheese
Panko Bread Crumbs







3) Stuff Chicken and pan fry until browned

4) Put browned chicken breaks on pan and broil for 8 minutes (it actually turned out to be 15 minutes and I flipped the chicken to speed up the cooking process)

5) Cook spinach (red pepper flakes, oil & spinach)

 6) Serve it up!!

The meal turned out pretty darn good. The chicken was cooked perfectly...so moist. I think I may add a stronger flavor to the stuffing mixture because it wasa little bland. Maybe it needed more goat cheese. :)






Having Mary over is just what I needed! She always makes me smile and be thankful for having a pretty amazing life...it maybe a little uncertain right now but could be so much worse. I just need to find an income that I enjoy and supports my need to live a fabulous life on a budget. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment