Saturday, April 2, 2011

Party Time!!

I woke up early because I got a whooping 11 hours of sleep! I was feeling great and decided to go explore the street of Palm Springs while everyone else recovered from a big night of partying. The hotel was a block away from the main strip so I decided to run a mile and then walk the rest. They running part was not very smart but oh well. As I walked the street I realized how cute this area was. It is very artsy and full of boutiques. I love that I had to walk at least a mile to find my first Starbucks!!

Here are some of the the things I ran into on my exploration:

The desert can be so pretty!


I love the variety of cafes & restaurants...no chains aloud.


Yummy local coffee!


I love that they have their own walk of fame.


If you have a business make it fun like this!


Love this motto!

I loved walking the streets and being a part of this small and amazing community.
I decided to head back to the hotel and get showered so I could eat some breakfast. Breakfast was being served at the Purple Palm (the restaurant overlooking the swimming pool). The entire menu looked incredible but I decided to order the lox and bagel because that just screams vacation to me. When it was served I think I started to drool a little bit. :)

I decided that I could live off this breakfast. I loved everything on this plate especially the egg, lox and capers! Oh and the coffee was to die for. :)

It was time to bake in the sun again before the wedding. I got prime real estate at the pool and were ready to get our tan on. I started a new book called "The American Wife," and it is really good. I can't wait to see how the book unfolds. I was restraining myself from mid-day alcohol so I ordered a strawberry lemonade that was amazing. Yummy!

Lunch time approached and decided to order it poolside. I love VACATIONS. :) On the menu was a amazing veggie burger (sweet potato base) and a tasty Purple Palm Salad.

After taking a few dips in the pool and a full day in the sun it was time for the wedding! I was so excited to see Tim & Ben tie the knot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment