Saturday, April 16, 2011

Boston Bound

I am flying cross country today to Boston to soak up some much needed family time. I woke up early had a small portion of oatmeal and headed to the airport. The airport was so calm today and I was feeling a little anxiety because I have a connection to make in Detroit...and Delta has really not been to kind to me as of late. :)

I got through security really quickly with my ID and headed to my gate. I decided that I should probably eat something more. I headed to Seattle's Best Coffee because it was the only place in the concourse. I ordered an Everything Bagel and a small Green Tea Latte because it felt right. I have to tell you that I love BAGELS...even though they are so bad for you. This was just what I needed to get through my flight to Detroit.


My flight was on-time and I actually had enough time to sit down and enjoy a meal. My plane was full of runners heading to Boston for the marathon. As I looked at them I realized that I needed to eat something with some sort of nutritional value. :) Maybe something with a little color...my options were limited so I hit up Quinzo's and ordered a Cobb Salad. This salad looked delish and tasted pretty good. It was quite a large serving so I didn't finish it all but it did feel good to eat something that was a little bit healthy.

I love that Quinzo's has a pepper station! Yummo

I don't know what was going on with Delta today but every flight was overbooked and they were giving out $400 vouchers to give up your seat. I really hope this happens on my way home to Seattle because I will totally take a $400 voucher! The flight to Boston was so bumpy they didn't even serve us drinks. I finally arrived in Boston around 7:50pm. YAY!! I had to wait awhile at baggage claim but as I was waiting I had a couple people wish me luck in the marathon...I didn't even correct them. :) I just said thank you and smiled. I was so excited that I was mistaken for a marathoner!!

Finally I got my bag and my brother picked me up, the ladies were already sleeping. :( So as I am writing this blog I am all alone in Boston because everyone is sleeping. Auntie will have to wait until tomorrow to play with Lily!! Time for bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment