Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sunny in Seattle

I woke up today and decided that I wanted to get lost in my book "The American Wife." This book is loosely based on one of our first ladies and is really a good read. I love the characters because they are so real. They each have flaws and challenges that everyone can sympathize with.

After reading for a bit I decided to enjoy a my breakfast that I prepped last night. I have heard from many bloggers that Overnight Oats are amazing. So I decided to try a recipe from one of my favorite bloggers Julie of Peanut Butter Fingers: Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats. As I opened the fridge I noticed that my oats didn't look anything like Julie's. I am guessing that I need to use a different kind of oats because I really want to love this recipe but mine just didn't turn out. :(



Here all the ingredients. Maybe my oats are the problem with this recipe. :(

Why don't my overnight oats look like Julie's? :(














I don't think my overnight oats taste right either. I am determined to make these correctly...eventually.








After failing at my breakfast I decided to go for a nice 3 mile run. The weather in Seattle is beautiful today and I love running outside when the sun is shining brightly. My run felt so great and really made me want to enter a race. I truly believe that when Seattle in sunny it's one of the most beautiful places in the US. Last night I recieved an email about entering the random drawing for the 2011 Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco so I decided to take my chances and enter the random drawing because you never know what will happen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I win because this is an amazing event for women! :) PS I love San Fran!


I ate a quick lunch of curried tuna salad that I prepared last night, I found a great recipe on All You.com that I changed the recipe a little by substituting greek yogurt for the mayo and craisens instead of currants. The best part of this recipe is that it is under $2.00 per serving. :) It was pretty tasty and I served it with edamame, grapes and carrots.


Next time I will add more craisens!

Now I am off to meet my beautiful friend Eleana for our weekly coffee date at Starbucks. I am so excited to catch up with her and hear all about her pregnancy. I ended up staying at Starbucks for a couple of hours because I was researching all the different certifications for personal training. That maybe my new side career along with blogging. :)

I met up with Mary for our quarterly Costco date. I know this may sound weird but we love meeting at Costco and eating at their food court. You can't beat a $1.50 hot dog and drink!! This may not be the healthiest option for the week but its become somewhat of a date night for us. We love our Costco Weins. FYI Costco now serves Gelato, for $1.49 you can get 3 scoops of gelato. They have mixed berry, pistachio and a stracciatella (vanilla w/ chocolate chunks).

Total dinner cost $1.64! AMAZING

Yummy wein!

Mary eating like a champ...wein & churro! Super impressive.

We had a great dinner and it was so beautiful we decided to go on a 3 mile walk around Issaquah. I am so glad spring is finally here. It was a little chilly but it was so nice to get outside today!

When I got home I decided that I would reheat one of the crepes from Lindsay's Creperie! I topped it with a little butter, cinnamon and sugar and put it in the microwave for 45 seconds and BAM I had a delicious sweet crepe for dessert. Perfect ending to a great relaxing day....off to read my book.

A healthier take on an Elephant Ear!! Delish

2 comments:

  1. Those oats look NASTY lindsay :)
    And if you get to go to San Fran, can I come too? I will be your number one fan cheering you on...PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you speak the truth...those oats do look nasty!
    Yes to San Fran BTW.

    ReplyDelete