Thursday, April 14, 2011

Renewed Purpose to be PRODUCTIVE!

Today I woke up with a renewed purpose. For the first time this week I actually felt motivated to run errands and get some stuff done. :)

First on my list was breakfast, I decided to change it up a bit. I made a serving of Cream of Wheat and added a half of a banana. I paired the Cream of Wheat with a sandwich thin with yummy nutella and peanut butter. This breakfast really hit the spot...I was confused though about the serving size of the Cream of Wheat, it was at least two Lindsay size breafasts. :)

So creamy and delish!

Next on my list was laundry which is just no fun at all. So I decided to pop a load in and then go on a run. The sun was kind of shining so I set out to run 5 miles at an easy pace because I am still a little sore my my Cardio Blast class on Wednesday. And yesterday I hit the gym twice so I just needed an easy run!! At mile 4.5 I remembered that a park was only about a .75 miles away so I decided to push through it and make it to the park to do some stretching.

Prepping for my run! 

When I got to the park I saw they had turf soccer fields and it brought back some awesome memories of when soccer was my life. Those were they days! :) As I walked around the fields I had this weird desire to do some soccer conditioning drills. I know that sounds so ridic but it is true. I decided to do some field sprints! I jogged the length of the field and then sprinted from one corner flag to the other. I did this 5 times around the field and it felt surprisingly good. Please don't judge me...I just don't know what to do with all my free time besides kicking my butt into shape.


After I finished my field sprints I walked home which was a really nice 1 mile cool down. I think that I really shocked my body today but on the upside I have so much more energy than any other day this week. As soon as I got home I made a boring protein shake and cooked up an egg with spinach and sausage! I seriously enhaled this meal and I was still a little hungry.

Sausage, spinach and an egg...super tasty. 

Now its time to pack for BOSTON! I have booked myself a one-way ticket to Beantown to hangout with my family! I have booked a one-way ticket because their is no rush to go home and stress about not having a job. While I was packing I was able to Skype with the Boston crew...while skyping I snacked on the best nut mix ever created. I bought this Omega mix at Trader Joe's and they come in individual serving sizes which is super helpful to me. The mix includes almonds, craisens, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pistachios and some other delicious surprises.

Best Trail Mix EVER!

After skyping I was even more excited to get away and be around my family and my adorable niece Lily. The next time you hear from me I will be in Boston with my family!! :)

2 comments:

  1. As I read this from my couch, you make me feel like a fat slob...I tried to run one mile today and couldnt even do it. So what did I do? I came home and sulked aka ate icecream.
    Be my personal trainer...PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done! When I get back we can start playing outside more. :)

    ReplyDelete