Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Taking Naps & Getting Sunburnt

I woke up today looking forward to my day. The Seattle weather was sunny and I had a date planned with Sarah during the day and a date with Mary in the evening...I'm such a two timer. :)

For the last couple of weeks I have been craving pancakes badly so I was researching healthier options. I came across Tone It Up's Protein Pancakes. They looked delicious so I decided to attempt these pancakes and I wasn't disappointed.


Protein Pancake Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup egg whites
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (organic brown rice protein or whey)- visit your local nutrition store or wholefoods!
  • 2 tbs vanilla almond milk or skim
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbs flaxseed
  • After above ingridients are mixed together add 1/2 banana (mashed)- mash first, then add!!
  • Add a handful of fresh or frozen blueberries
This recipe was awesome and left me feeling guilt free. :) The blueberries and fresh strawberries definitely made these pancakes a perfect 10!


After breakfast I headed out to meet up with Sarah for a our coffee/lunch/walking date in Kirkland. We first stopped at our favorite local coffee place The Urban Coffee Lounge for our Chai Tea Latte's. We decided to walk around Kirkland to find the perfect spot for our picnic. The sun was shining but I really don't think the temperature went above 65 degree because I was still wearing my big sweatshirt. After walking around 2.5 miles we set up our romantic picnic. :)

I packed a healthy healthy lunch. I made a spinach salad with garbanzo beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta and a  homemade vinegarette (olive oil, cumin and lemon juice) that I found on Shape.com. It was really filling and tasty I paired my salad with a hard boiled egg and carrot sticks.

After Sarah and I chatted over lunch we both decided a nap was the right decision. I'm not sure how long we were napping but when we were getting ready to go Sarah said "Lindsay your face is really red, I think you got some sun." But as we were walking back to our cars Sarah realized she had burnt her arms pretty bad...we were so puzzled to how this happened in 60 degree weather. :)

Napping in the sun is something that I need to do more of because it was really refreshing. My day date couldn't have been better...great company, healthy food, exercise and enjoying the sun was pretty much perfect. Thanks Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment