Saturday, May 7, 2011

Working It!

I can't believe this but I have gotten another cold...which is a little frustrating. I woke up at 3:00am today because my noise was stuffy and my head hurt. Not the best way to wake up on a Saturday but I eventually was able to get back to sleep until 7:00am.

I was feeling a bit better and decided to make myself a nice breakfast. Which included a Baked Oatmeal Muffin, a fried egg, a few slices of fresh mango and a cup of coffee. It tasted good to have a different type of breakfast this morning...yummy egg.


The baked oatmeal was sooo good again today!
After breakfast I was finally able to get motivated and head into the gym. I decided to do a favorite workout of mine: Burn 400 Calories Without Getting Bored. I love this workout because 40 minutes of constantly switching machines and doing intervals ensures you are never bored!!! As I was heading to the locker room I saw that a Zumba class was in session. So I decided to jump in for the last 40 minutes of class. Zumba is one of my very favorite workouts!

Why do I LOVE Zumba?
I love Zumba classes because it gives you an awesome workout (burns around 500 calories) while dancing your butt off. Another plus to this class is that you just end up smiling alot because it is almost impossible to look normal doing some of the moves! I totally recommend going with a couple of girlfriends because it is so fun to be ridiculous together.

This class was more latin infused and our instructor Connie was a master of moving her hips. I on the other hand tried to imitate JLO but ended up looking more like Richard Simmons!! I looked completely ridic...I really wish I had a video of myself so everyone could get a good laugh. I knew I looked ridic so I decided to work it and embrace my lack of rhythm, timing and sexiness.

Yep...this is pretty much what I looked like in Zumba today!
I was starving when I got home because of my double workout so I decided to make myself a DIY Matcha Green Tea Smoothie and a Quinoa Spinach Salad with some fresh veggies on the side. I was craving a Matcha Green Tea Latte but decided to try and make it a smoothie instead and it turned out really really good! It didn't look so good but trust me it tasted yummy!

Matcha Green Tea Smoothie


1/2 cup matcha mix
1/2 almond milk
1 frozen banana
1 scoop of protein powder
2-4 ice cubes

Now it is time to relax and enjoy my Saturday of decluttering my apartment and watching the Celtics. My brother has tickets five rows back tonight...I knew I should have stayed another week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment