Friday, May 6, 2011

BOSU Full Body Workout

Today I wanted to make something new for breakfast today and I was inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie's Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal. She is one of my favorite bloggers because she has the most amazing recipes and personality.

Here is the recipe:

Cookie Dough Oatmeal Cake
(Serves One!)
  • 1/2 cup oats (50g)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • sweetener, such as 1 1/2 T maple syrup or 1 to 1 1/2 packs stevia (I omitted, but I’ve cautioned y’all before about my lack of sweet tooth.)
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (60g) (Or sub banana… it’s awesome this way!)
  • 1/4 cup milk, creamer, juice, or water (I used 60g)
  • heaping 1/16th tsp salt
  • Handful of chocolate chips (and a few for the top, too!)
  • Optional: unless you like the taste of fat-free baking, add 1-2T oil, vegan butter, or nut butter (If oil, scale the milk back a little. If vegan butter, scale the salt back a little.)
  • Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon (If you like cinnamon in chocolate chip cookies)
Pop the "Boatmeal" in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and bam you have the most delicious and healthy breakfast. (Stick back in the oven on broil for about 2-3 minutes if you want a nice crust)

I used a banana instead of applesauce and used a little more cinnamon than noted above and it was amazing. I made muffins out of this "boatmeal" recipe and they were so tasty! This is definitely going to be a breakfast stable for me. :) Thanks Chocolate Covered Katie.

I paired an amazing Cookie Dough Oatmeal Muffins with a hardboiled egg and a few fresh strawberries. :)

After enjoying my breakfast I decided to do some research on BOSU Stability Ball and create my own workout. I found some really helpful websites: BOSU Balance Trainer Total Body Workout and Ask The Trainer.


Here is the workout I came up with:

Warm-up: 10 Minute of Cardio on the Elliptical

(Do four sets of the workout below and follow the reps & times noted below)

Lower Body BOSU Workout
  • Squat Jumps (60 sec, 45 sec, 45 sec, 30 sec)
  • Squat with Overhead Press with 5lb weights (15, 10, 10, 5)
  • Power Lunges (60 sec, 45 sec, 45 sec, 30 sec)
  • Forward Lunges (15, 10, 10, 5)
Upper Body BOSU Workout
  • Pushups (15, 10, 10, 5)
  • Fly Exchange w/ 5lb weights (15, 10, 10, 5)
  • One Armed Row w/ 5lb weights (15, 10, 10, 5)
Core BOSU Workout
  • Full Crunch (15, 15, 15, 15)
  • V-sit (60 sec, 45 sec, 45 sec, 30 sec)
  • Plank (60 sec, 45 sec, 45 sec, 30 sec)
Cool Down: 10 Minute of Cardio on the Elliptical

This workout was very challenging and enjoyable. I can't wait to try it again!! :)

I headed home to have a healthy lunch that included a Mango/Cinnamon Smoothie and a big plate of veggies.



Handful of frozen mangoes
1 frozen bananas
1 scoop of protein powder
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 cup of almond milk




3 Carrots
1/3 of a cucumber
3 celery stalks
1/4 cup of garbanzo beans





 
This was the perfect post workout meal! I also was able to Skype with Lily today and she gave me lots of kisses...personally I think that is the best feeling in the world. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment