Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Eggplant Ricotta Rolls

I decided that I wanted to try cooking eggplant today for my romantic dinner with Mary. I haven't seen her in about 2 weeks...which is way to long. I was researching healthy eggplant recipes and I came across Eggplant Ricotta Rolls on Shape.com. Check it out:


This recipe turned out pretty darn good. I didn't pair it with anything but wine and I was stuffed. This was a really easy meal to make and really turned me onto cooking with both eggplant and ricotta.

Mary and I both had a bit of a sweet tooth so I decided to make a ricotta cheese dessert that I saw in Food Network Magazine. The dessert is called Ricotta With Balsamic Berries. It looked really tasty but it wasn't quite sweet enough for us. I cut the recipe in half so that could have been the issue. Next time I think I will add more honey to the balsamic sauce! :) Mary recommended serving this dessert as an appetizer or just a snack because it was nice and light. Good suggestion Mar!


Today I learned that I really enjoy both eggplant and ricotta cheese! I really enjoy making new things...it all about trial and error. :) It as so nice to catch up with Mary, I really did miss my twin!

No comments:

Post a Comment