Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thanksgiving Style Turkey Burgers

Today was quite an eventful day...I woke up early to attend a mandatory "Reemployment Orientation." It was an hour and a half of learning how to be more employable. I have to say that in theory it is a really good great idea but the actual orientation fell short for me.

After attending my ridic orientation I met my mom for a Target run, lunch and a search for comfy cute flats for my upcoming trip to Barcelona, Spain. Today was pretty successful, I only need to run a few more errands tomorrow and then I will be all set. :) Below are my two favorite purchases...BCBG flats for $27 (courtesy of DWS) and my $20 purse (courtesy of Target).
I love when you find deals on your favorite brand...I LOVE U BCBG!
As soon as I got home I went for a nice hilly run around my house...I ran for 45 minutes in the 70 degree weather. It was an awesome run and makes me really excited for this upcoming summer. :) After I was done with my run I made a plain blueberry protein shake to energize me for my evening walk with Mary.


I have been craving a great turkey burger lately so I decided to make them tonight with a twist. On today's menu Thanksgiving Style Turkey Burgers with homemade parsnip & sweet potato fries! I know it sounds odd but the picture looked amazing. I of course found this recipe on MyRecipes.com, Turkey Burgers with Cranberry & Peach Chutney.

I had to alter the recipe a bit because I couldn't find premade cranberry chutney anywhere so I decided to wing it with a can of cranberry sauce (whole berries) & cinnamon. I pre-sliced the peaches, sweet potato and parsnip fries and made the turkey patties before my walk with Mary. We decided to go on a 3 mile evening stroll which was great, by the time we got home we were starving and ready to eat our faces off!
Both Mary and I only ate half of our whole wheat sandwich thins...to cut
down on carbs and calories. :)
The recipe turned out really good...I just love turkey burgers especially with a fruity twist. This was my first time making parsnip chips/fries and I learned that they are delicious if you cut them really thinly and cook them for (20 minutes at 400 degrees) flipping halfway through. The sweet potato fries turned out good to but next time I am going to use yams...because I think they are more tasty and beautiful.

PS I can't believe I leave for my trip is less than 48 hours. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment