Friday, May 6, 2011

Quinoa Spinach Salad

For dinner tonight I couldn't decide what to make so I started looking for quinoa recipes online because I had some leftover from yesterday. I came across another Tone It Up recipe! I was super excited to try their Quinoa Spinach Salad because their Protein Pancakes were so delicious. :)

The Quinoa Spinach Salad was super easy to make and has turned out to be one of my favorite quinoa recipes. I added edamame and roasted red peppers to this and omitted the walnuts.

Tone It Up's Spinach Quinoa Salad

1 cup of baby spinach
1/3 cup of quinoa
1/2 lemon
2 tsp of balsamic vingear
1/8 cup of edamame
1/8 cup of roasted red peppers

Mix everything together and you get an amazing dinner in less than 5 minutes. :) I paired this salad with a half of a flatbread topped with 1 tablespoon of pesto and a few pieces of leftover roasted eggplants. :)

How good does this look?

After eating this very filling dinner I still had a sweet tooth so I decided to make....a cinnamon & sugar pizza (half of a flatbread topped with 1 tsp of butter, cinnamon & sugar) paired with fresh strawberries and mangoes. :)

This dessert totally hit the spot...now its time for my crazy Friday night to start. On my agenda watch some episodes of FRIENDS and read The Girls of Ames. :) I love relaxing Friday's.

No comments:

Post a Comment