Thursday, May 12, 2011

Homemade Thai Food - Mission Failed

I had a variety of missions to accomplish today and sadly have to report that I failed at least one of them. :)Today's mission:

1) Find an interval workout and complete it - Acommplished (actually succeed expectations) :)

I found a interval workout on my favorite site http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/! Here is my workout using the Quick Cardio Blaster:

Elliptical
5 minutes - Warm-Up (Level 4)
5 minutes - Level 6
5 minutes - Level 7
10 minutes - Level 9
5 minutes - Level 7
5 minutes - Cool Down (Level 4)

After my elliptical workout I headed to do some push-ups and sit-ups! I did 3 sets of the following circuit. :)

10 push-ups using the BOSU Ball
20 regular crunches on a stability ball
20 side wall crunch each side
20 knee tucks on a stability ball

I decided to be a complete gym rat and finished with a variation of the Quick Cardio Blaster on the stairmaster...it just felt like the right thing to do. :) I tend to get a bit bored on the stairmaster so I decided to change up my climbing the steps by doing 1 minute normal, 1 minute skipping a step, 1 minute turning to my left (working the side of my leg), 1 minute turning to my right and then 1 minute of normal! This makes the workout go by so fast but it also is a bit challenging because of my coordination issues...be careful!

5 minutes - Warm-Up (Level 4)
5 minutes - Level 7
10 minutes - Level 9
5 minutes - Level 7
5 minutes - Cool Down (Level 4)

Great workout followed with a delicious blueberry protein shake and raw veggies.
2) Find a job - Mission failed
No interviews scheduled...:( But I did submit for a couple positions.

3) Make a homemade Thai food that tastes good - Mission Miserably Failed

I have tried to make homemade Thai food numerous times and it never tastes the same...what am I missing? I found a great looking recipe in Food Network Magazine: Eggplant & Tofu Curry. I decided to try it and see what happens...it looked good but tasted nothing like the curry I enjoy at a Thai food restaurant. :( Again someone please help me figure out what spice I am missing??

Paired with quinoa to be healthy!

4) Read a good portion of Marketing in the Moment & The Girls of Ames - Mission accomplished

I am really enjoying Marketing in the Moment and learning about Web 3.0 Marketing...hopefully this will help me while interviewing. :) I read a couple of chapters of The Girls of Ames but it isn't hooking me like before.

5) Make a delicious dessert for 1 - Mission accomplished (Thanks to Chocolate Covered Katie)

She has a section in recipes called Single Lady Desserts. I love this idea because it satisfies my sweet toothe without overindulging. Tonight I wanted a single chocolate chip cookie! This cookie didn't have any dairy and still tasted AMAZING. I paired my dessert with a DIY Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte (made with almond milk). This hit the spot and made me SMILE BIG.


Perfect Serving Size!
Today had a few failures but ultimately was a successful and fun day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment