Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tis the Season of Salads

It's officially summer in Seattle! We have had almost an entire week of sunshine and tank tops. :) So I have been enjoying lots of different salads that are light and filled with fresh produce. Check them out below I promise you won't be disappointed.

I love having a light and healthy lunch and salads are usually a pain to make in single servings. I found the perfect solution to this problem... Trader Joes! They have the best premade salads I have ever seen. They are the perfect portion, fresh ingredients and healthy!
Chopped Italian Salad


This salad is super filling and delicious. I love all the ingredients especially together. I think my favorite part of this salad is all the protein mixed with the fresh produce.
Crunchy Slaw w/ Chicken & Peanut Sauce


This salad is to die for.. I love the cilantro, crunchy noodles and creamy peanut dressing. This salad has quite an asian flavor to it that makes you want more.
When I get home from work and the weather is super nice, I just want to enjoy it! So salads for dinner are the perfect meal. Below you will see some of my favorite with links to the recipes.



I found this recipe in my newest Cooking Light! I absolutely love scallops, watermelon, mint and avocado I just never thought of adding them all together. Once I did mix them altogether and added the lemon vinegarette it really was the perfect summer salad. I completely recommend this salad to everyone that loves trying new flavors!



I never thought I would say this but I really do enjoy kale and massaging the kale really makes a difference. By massaging salt into the kale, the bitterness disappears the leaves become tender. The dressing is super simple just combine apple cider vinegar with EVOO and salt and pepper and you have your dressing. Add apples, currents, toasted sunflower seeds and gorgonzola (I omit because I am not a huge fan) to the kale and dressing and you have a nice, fresh and light salad that will hook you on kale.

Asian Chicken Salad



 I found this premade salad kit at Costco and it is simply amazing. All you do is mix the dressing, almonds and crunchy noodles to the cabbage mix and top with the salad packet. I add chicken to it to make it more filling and add a little protein. This salad is super easy and idiot proof! Check it out at Costco and you won't be disappointed.



This salad is another Cooking Light gem! I used raw red peppers instead of roasted and it turned out spectacular. The arugula, white beans, shrimp, basil, parsley and lemon vinegarette really make this dish tasty. I never was a huge fan of arugula until it was mixed with all these ingredients.
Tasty Beet Salad


My beau created this recipe and I love it. The ingredients of this salad are 1 avocado, 1 grapefruit, packaged beets (already peeled) and goat cheese to taste. The grapefruit really sweetens up the beets and the goat cheese brings all the flavors together. This is a perfect side or main course!

I hope this post makes everyone want to make more salads. Get creative with the them and put together ingredients that you would never think of and you will never say "I don't want another salad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment