Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Review: Pie & Pints and Peaks Frozen Custard

Thank goodness its Wednesday because I have a date with my friend Tassoula. She has planned a fantastic date in the Roosevelt neighborhood to try some great spots. We met at Pies and Pints for dinner. Little did I know that this is a rustic palace... served savory pot pies and pints of beer I mean who could want more. Take a peek at their signage below... this place exudes personality and a perfect place to drink and eat comfort food.


The service was great and the food was fantastic.The menu was filled with comfort pot pies... I guarantee that the menu has something for everyone. They have so many options for sides its crazy... you can't make a bad decision. Don't forget to ask the servers for their specials... everyday they have a special pot pie and mac & chesse.  I ordered a savory beef and potato pot pie and french fries to go with my pint of delicious amber and Tassoula ordered the mac & chesse special with a side salad. :)

I refused to share any of my fries... :)

Pot Pie HEAVEN!!!

The food was fantastic and the price was just right for me... $9.95 for the pie and $4.75 for a pint. The servings are huge so come hungry, the service is laid back and again the food is great. You have to try this local favorite. After a filling dinner we didn't stop we headed straight to Peaks frozen Custard right down the road for dessert.

I had never even heard of frozen custard before so I excited to try a new dessert. I didn't know what to expect but I knew Tassoula would never have me try something disgusting. :) As we were standing in line I was trying to decided what to have... they had such delicious flavors. I went with the Strawberry Creme Ribbon... and I was in total amazement on how delicious this frozen custard was. It was so creamy, smooth and flavorful I couldn't believe it. As I was finishing my last bite I turned to Tassoula and said "I am so happy right now!" My belly was full of great food... and that made me so happy and smiley.

Look at those scoops... so delightful!

I totally recommend Peaks to anyone that loves ice cream, sorbet or gelato. You definitely won't be disappointed with frozen custard as your desert... it is so yummy. Peaks is a great little spot that offers both indoor and outdoor seating. They even have a children's seating area and then a loft for adults. I love this place and can't wait to try more flavors.

Pie & Pints and Peak Frozen Custard are two places that are definitely worth trying. Check out their websites linked above and if you go on a nice day they both have outdoor seating. :) Thanks Tassoula for planning such a fabulous date. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment