Saturday, August 6, 2011

REVIEW: Museum of Flight

Today my beau and I took his 10 year old niece to the Museum of Flight because she wants to be a pilot! We showed up around 10:45 am and the place was packed because the Blue Angels were flying today. I haven't been to the museum in probably 10 years but I have to say it was and still is an incredible place.

The museum is a little pricey so please check out all the discounts that are available before visiting. I used my AAA to get $2 off each adult tickets and $1 off childrens tickets. As we entered the museum we saw that every 10 minutes they had a different video playing in their theatre so we enjoyed a presentation on the Blue Angels that was really interesting and made us all excited to enter the actual museum. As we entered each of us just looked up in AWW of all the airplanes and the history.



The museum is an incredible experience for all ages. They have a great kids section that has weekend crafts for families. They also have flight symulators for all flights to enjoy and just tons of incredible exhibits. I guarantee that everyone comes out of the museum learning at least a couple handful of things. My favorite part was the flight simulator, rendezvous in space exhibit and of course the incredible Blue Angels. Check it out the 10 year old is almost taller than me... :)
Phew... I made the height requirements!


This museum can take either an hour or 5 hours to get through it all depends on your love of learning about aviation. It definitely is a must see in Seattle and worth the admission even if aviation isn't your thing, I guarantee at least one of the exhibits will catch your attention. The best part of the day is seeing Dave's niece smile from ear to ear and experience the museum she has wanted to visit for months.

Go enjoy the museum!



No comments:

Post a Comment