Monday, August 8, 2011

REVIEW: Hiking Little Si

Today's hike was Little Mt. Si which is 2.2 long in distance. The beginning of the hike is quite steep, then mellow, then steep again as it scrambles up the mountain to the 1576 foot-summit. This is a beautiful hike and offers you phenomenal views of Snoqualmie Valley after navigating through forests and over rocks. As you are nearing the top of the summit the hike begins to get a bit rocky and you have to take big steps... if you are a midge like me. This hike is pretty challenging but the top is a really nice payoff.
I killed this trail... okay maybe it killed me.

Check out the views!

I love this pic... look at all the green! It makes me happy.



I would say that this hike is moderate to challenging! But I recommend it to every type of hiker because you can go at your own pace. I also recommend that you get to this trailhead early because it is very busy with families and large hiking groups.

FYI beginning on July 1, 2011, the new Discover Pass is required to park at all Washington State Parks. If you don't have one you get a ticket... and nobody wants a ticket. Here is the information on the Discovery Pass.

If you are in the mood for other hikes in the area, check out my previous posts:

West Tiger Mtn Trailhead
Rattlesnake Lake Trailhead

More hikes to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment