Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Night Girls Date

This whole week I had been looking forward to hooking up with my bestie... the one and only Mary! I had planned a menu and crafts to win her over.
So I decided to host a Friday Night Girls Date at my house. On the agenda was wine, dinner, dessert and CRAFTS. Pinterest my newest addiction has really given me all sorts of motivation to do lots of DIY crafts and experiment with lots of recipes. So I was excited to make a DIY T-Shirt Scraf and new dessert Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips.
Mary and I tag teamed creating the Maragarita Pizza, she cut the cheese (no pun intended) and tomatoes while I was saucing up the pizza and trimming the basil. And in 20 minutes... we had the most delicious pizza out of the oven.

Homemade pizza is way better!

Next up was a fun dessert recipe I found on Pinterest: Cinnamon Chips with Fruit Salsa. Super easy and pretty healthy! First you pick a variety of fruits you love and chop them up (1 apple, 6 strawberries, 1/2 cup of blueberries and 2 kiwi's) and preheat the oven to 350 degrees! When all the chopping is done mix in about a tablespoon of fruit preserves (I choose sugar free strawberries) and drizzled a couple of teaspoons of white sugar over the fruit... mix well and let sit in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.

Next step make triangles out of (2) whole wheat flour tortilla. Spray or spread butter over each chip and then top with the desired amount of cinnamon and sugar and then put in the oven for 8-10 minutes. And then you have a light and somewhat healthy dessert!

This is my new favorite dessert!

Next up was crafting... all you need is scissors and an XL T-shirt (old or new) I chose to work with a new Mens T-Shirt from Old Navy that was only $8. I have seen numerous tutorial on how to make these but Beauty Divine has my favorite tutorial. Here is my attempt to show the tutorial through images... below.

1) Cut the bottom seam of with scissors and then cut 1 1/2 inch strips on the T-Shirt leaving about a 1/2 inch at the end.


2) Stretch out the strips


3) See Step 5 on the Divine Beauty Tutorial.


4) Wrap the scraf around your neck twice and now you have a very fashionable scarf! I love mine.

I love girly nights filled with great friends and creative DIY projects that make you feel crafty. I think we have a new traditional brewing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment