Saturday, January 28, 2012

New Review: Tilicum Place Cafe

I got my day started off right today... my friend Kristin invited me to join her for a spinning class at Gold's Gym on Capitol Hill. I haven't been to a spin class in 2012 so I was happy to join her. Our instructor Amber was amazing. I couldn't believe she was 17 weeks pregnant and kicking my butt in spinning. Watching her was just the motivation I needed to sweat like a maniac and push myself just a little bit harder.

After a killer workout I headed to Tilicum Place Cafe for a Saturday brunch with a handful of my besties... and a few babies! Tassoula of course planned this adventure for us and believe me this spot dissappoint. This boutique cafe was quaint, friendly and offered some great brunch menu items.


Brunch started off with french-press coffee served with a small shortbread cookie that was to die for. And then the madness of getting two babies settled that were under 12 months. :) Just joking they were the best behaved babies I have ever seen.

Adrian and Eleana's babies are the cutest!

After catching up for a bit we all decided to order off this amazing menu. I decided to go with the Portobello Mushroom Sandwich topped with herbed goat cheese and a sweet balsamic drizzle. This sandwich was amazing. I couldn't believe I didn't pick a breakfast item. I guess there is a first for everything.


My meal was fresh, light and tasty. The combination of goat cheese, spicy arugula and sweet balsamic drizzle over the mushrooms was great. The flavors blended together perfectly. I also loved how they served this sandwich open faced. The serving was quite large but I managed to eat the salad and sandwich less half the bread. The other ladies ordered a dutch baby, cornmeal pancakes, strata and a breakfast plate. We all raved about our meals! The babies were so polite, they allowed us girls to catch up and gossip. ;) I miss seeing these girls everyday at work but I am hopeful that these get togethers will become more frequent! I love you Mary, Eleana, Adrian and Tassoula.




Tilicum Place Cafe earned a great review from me.

Service: Knowledgeable, friendly and accomodating (very baby friendly).
Food: Great variety of menu items with the freshest ingredients. Checkout their specials!
Drinks: The coffee was great and I was told the Bloody Mary's were spicy yet tasty.
Atmosphere: Quaint, laid back and authentic.
Price: The prices are very reasonable. I ended up paying $14 with tax and tip!

Spinning, Tilicum Place Cafe and spending time with the girls was the best way to start my Saturday off right.




1 comment: