Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New Addiction: Delicious Energy Bites

I have been trying to eat and snack healthier these days... but I have been having trouble with sweet and carb cravings. So I wanted to find something that was an alternative to stuffing my face with both cravings. I found a great recipe on none other than Pinterest... Nourishing Energy Bites.
I was so excited that these included coconut oil, my brother has been raving about it for months now and I am finally ready to jump on the bandwagon. The recipe is listed below I made one tweak and used Agave instead of raw honey because I didn't have any in the kitchen.  I love this recipe because it is no bake, easy and all the flavors I love.

       Ingredients
  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter (or other nut butter)
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup honey, preferably raw
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
  • dash of salt
  • ~2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
  • ~1/2 cup chocolate chips, raisins or other add-ins (optional)
    Simple Directions
  • Stir peanut butter, oil and honey together until smooth
  • Add flaxseed, coconut and salt and stir
  • And add the oats and any other goodies... I added a few chocolate chips
  • Roll into bite size balls and freeze 

These Energy Bites are delicious and surprisingly filling. They are the perfect snack for me because that are both savory and sweet. The best thing about the recipe above is that you can add and subtract as you want. I am already on my second batch... and I free a third one in the works. Do yourself a favor and try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment