Sunday, February 12, 2012

NEW REVIEW: Johnny's Luncheonette

This weekend I booked a last minute to trip to see my favorite brother and his family... okay the real reason is because I love his wife and two little girls equally and they are the dose of family I needed. Every time I head to Boston we try and so a fun brunch... and this trip was no different. My sister-in-law (aka my sister) picked a great spot called Johnny's Luncheonette in Newton.

We headed out around 9AM on Sunday to try and avoid long waits with the two girls (2.5 and 7 months). And it worked out perfect because street parking was free and the wait for a giant booth was less than 15 minutes. We timed it perfectly. Kelly and I had studied this menu the night before and dared my ultra healthy brother to try the '18 Wheeler' which included pretty much everything you could think of... stay tuned to see if he actually kept his word.

Johnny's is definitely a "Real" diner and I loved everything about it. Including the decor, service and all day long breakfast. It was so hard to decide what to get because they had everything you could dream of.



I decided to order the "Filene's Special," which included a blueberries muffin that was warmed up on the griddle, 3 scrambled eggs, bacon and a fruit salad. Please note that Filene's is pronounced Fi-Leans! :) The blueberry muffin was amazing... not healthy in anyway shape or form. Two thumbs up!



My brother did order the "18 Wheeler" which included 3 eggs, 2 flapjacks, homefries, 2 pieces of toast and canadian bacon. Did I forget to mention that my brother rarely eats carbs of this kind... this made both Kelly and I so happy! Check out what an "18 Wheeler" looks like. :)



Kelly decided to order Coconut French Toast with a side of hash to get or sweet and savory fix. I just love her appetite! Her french toast was delicious and not to sweet. Definitely would recommend it. The girls started to lose their minds when the food arrived so we ate quickly but we all enjoyed our food and experience at Johnny's Luncheonette.

No comments:

Post a Comment