Monday, February 20, 2012

New Review: Blueacre Seafood

I was so excited when I woke up today and realized I had a dinner date planned with my friends Tassoula and Jason in Seattle. It made getting up for my morning workout a little bit easier. Today's workout was pretty simple... Warmup for a mile at 5.8, run .5 mile at 6.5, run .5 at 6.0 and cool down for a mile at 5.8-6.0. This workout burns tons of calories! ENJOY.

As dinner approached I decided that I didn't want to walk .5 mile in my heals so I decided to figure out a bus route that I could take to dinner. I simply had to walk 2 blocks and jump on a number of buses to get me to my destination and it was free... wink wink.

I have drove past Blueacre Seafood tons of times and always wanted to try it so tonight was the perfect night. I didn't walk in with a huge appetite which was a bit disappointing because as you know this girl likes to eat. Our server was very knowledgeable and likable which is the best combination. As I scanned the menu I decided to get an appetizer and salad.

I ordered the Three Beet Salad with oranges and fennel salad topped with bleu cheese. I did pick off the cheese but the mixture of fennel salad and the colorful beets was delightful and beautiful.


I decided that since I was at a seafood restaurant I should probably order seafood. I went with the Voodoo Galvaston Gulf Shrimp appetizer because the server highly recommended it. The shrimp was served over stone ground grits... which was concerning to me because I had never tasted grits. But the server said if you haven't tried grits you have to give them a shot they are very similar to polenta. I took his advice and I was not disappointed the shrimp were huge and full of spice, flavors and the polenta was pretty tasty too. Plus look at the presentation... isn't just picture perfect.


Atmosphere: Blueacre has a trendy yet laid back atmosphere.
Food: The menu is quite robust and all the seafood looked top-notch. For example my shrimp were ginormous and Tassoula's Fish & Chips were the real deal.
Price: This is a more upscale spot so you will be paying upwards of $25 for all entrees but it is worth it because everything is fresh and the serving size is huge. You could definitely get two meals out of an entree.
Service: I had a great experience with the service at Blueacre Seafood. As I said my server was very knowledgeable, helpful and easy to talk to.

I recommend that every seafood lover try Blueacre Seafood and if you are on budget try out there happy hour and you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment