Saturday, October 1, 2011

South Beach Take Two

After a really stressful day... wink wink, we decided to head to South Beach for dinner. We didn't have a restaurant picked out, we just wanted to walk the strip and see what looked good.

The weather was perfect tonight, no storm clouds or sweaters needed. I just love enjoying the weather while drinking and eating great food. After walking for a bit we decided on Caffe Milano, mainly because we both liked the hostesses gladiator sandals. :)

We sat on the patio and sipped on a glass of wine while looking over the menu and specials. I absolutely love Italian food mainly because carbs are pretty much my favorite thing to eat. :) I decided to order the broccoli and chicken sausage pasta special! The beau ordered the shrimp jambalaya and the crab meat gnocchi. This made my heart so happy because I wanted to order the gnocchi too... I mean we are on vacation and as an aspiring Vacationer it was the right decision.


When the food arrived we looked liked pigs because the servings were HUGE. My broccoli and chicken sausage pasta was super tasty and pretty light compared to the amazing crab meat gnocchi. The gnocchi was delicious! The jambalaya was tasty a littler sweeter than I had anticipated.




I would say that Cafe Milano is definitely worth trying. The service was great, the menu selection was huge, price was reasonable and most importantly the food was tasty. I wasn't feeling their desserts so we decided to go grab a dessert somewhere else... why? Because I am on vacation!

For dessert I decided to indulge in a pure chocolate cake with a pistachio sauce! The beau decided to try the apple tart and we both made really great decisions. The chocolate cake was like a mousse that made my heart melt and the apple tart was the perfect way to warm my belly and get me ready for bed.



My day 2 in Miami was fantastic, I am just sad that my vacation is almost over.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say I am jealous of your life. Oh and that gnocchi looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete