Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Fun

I had woke up today with no motivation to workout so I just vegged for a few hours. I had to do a mandatory run today, because my half marathon is next weekend in San Francisco. So I got in a 6 mile run that was no fun... at all. But I do have to admit I did feel better.

After showering up the beau and I headed to Kent to go to the Carpinito Pumpkin Patch with two of his nieces and nephews. I can't remember the last time I went to the pumpkin patch, but when we got there I was so happy. All the fall colors were so beautiful, the pumpkin patch was full, the corn maze was bright and all the pumpkins were an excellent price.





It was the perfect fall day to go to the pumpkin patch! The actual pumpkins were pretty reasonably priced. But the gourds and squash were steals of a deal... $1 for a butternut squash... yes please. :) The corn maze and caramel corn however were insane... $8 to go through the corn maze and $5 for caramel corn. I just have to go on record saying I absolutely can't stand corn mazes... my sense of direction is horrible and I find them so frustrating. The picture below is at the beginning of the corn maze, believe me you don't want to see my face at the end of the maze. :)


My tips for the pumpkin patch experience are as follows:
  1. Wear rainboots (they always look super cute in pics)
  2. Try and get to the patch early in October because there are so many pumpkins
  3. Stock up on decorative gourds and squash because the prices can't be beat
  4. Usually a farmers market is attached so bring a bag to stock up fresh produce
  5. Roam through the actual pumpkin patch and find the perfect pumpkin
  6. And ride the hayride if you have kids!
My pumpkin patch adventure was the perfect way to kick out the fall season. Now the house is decorated with pumpkins of all sizes. The only thing missing from my adventure was a nice warm cup of homemade apple cider... but I'm not going to complain about a beautiful day at the pumpkin patch. I recommend the Carpinito Patch in Kent for all ages, it has something for everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love those little white pumpkins! I could use some of those right now for my Halloween B&W display :)

    ReplyDelete