Friday, October 14, 2011

New Review: Sweet Iron Waffles

Today's breakfast splurge was Sweet Iron Liege Waffles in Seattle. I pass this little place everytime I go to work and decided today was the day to give it a try. I walked in and immediately fell in love with this little boutique restaurant. The atmosphere was so relaxing, there was no rush to make decisions and the staff was very welcoming. I had no idea what a 'Liege' waffle was... so I was excited to try one.

As I looked over the menu I was in heaven. I decided to go with the safe choice... a waffle topped with strawberries and whipped cream with a drizzle of aged balsalmic vinegar. I really wanted to try their special 'Elvis Waffles,' that had peanut butter, bacon and bananas. Another waffle that really caught my eye was the Brie and Basil waffle. I loved everything about this place especially the price. I paid a total of $6 for an Americano and waffle. That is a screaming deal.

Finally it was time to eat my first 'Liege' Waffle... and believe me I wasn't disappointed. The waffle resembled a Belgian waffle but had delicious sugar pearls throughout each bite. Check it out!


I totally recommend Sweet Iron to all breakfast lovers. The atmosphere, uniqueness, price, service and overall tastiness exceeded my expectations. If you want a low-key waffle breakfast check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment