Tuesday, October 25, 2011

REVIEW: Steelhead Diner

Tonight's dinner choice was the Steelhead Diner. I have never eaten there before but everyone Seattlite I talk to says "You have to try Steelhead Diner." So tonight was the night. :)

Steelhead Diner is located in the heart of Pike Place Market, it is a prime location. I didn't know exactly what to expect but I knew the food was going to be great. As we sat down, the atomosphere was really unique. Mainly because it is set-up like a diner with booths and being able to see the kitchen but it was a nice restaurant too. It was just really unique. :) As I was looking over the menu, I saw a little bit of everything. Apparently the Chef is from the South, so you see alot of that mirrored in the menu such as a Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich and Chicken & Sausage Gumbo. The menu was very interesting had had something for everyone.

Before making any decision about food we decided that we must try a cocktail. I went with 'The New New Irresistible.' It had pear vodka in it and the waitress promised me that it wasn't to sweet. And she was right... dinner started off with a bang.



We ordered the Steamed Totten Inlet Mediterranean Mussels for an appetizer and they were beautiful and quite tasty. And we ordered their Crabcakes... that are the best in Seattle. :) No picture because we ate them to quick.


For dinner I ordered the a vegetarian pasta that was topped with perfectly cooked butternut squash, sundried tomatoes and a dollops of goat cheese. Yummy. I love squash and carbs so this meal was a no brainer for me. The dish was beautiful, full of flavor and massive... I only ate half of it.


I know I said I was full and had to take half of my dinner home... but I of course still had room for a little dessert. And by a little dessert I mean an entire serving. I ordered the 'Theo's Chocolate Pecan Pie' and the beau ordered the 'Flourless Chocolate Cake.' Both were quite delicious but I think the Pecan Pie won out... because of Theo's chocolate. :)



I would definitely recommend Steelhead Diner to everyone because of how unique the place is. The menu and atmosphere are just so fun. And the food is beautiful and above all else really delicious. I hear that this is a great spot for brunch so I will be back to enjoy that for sure. Check out the Steelhead Diner if you want something different than just a typical restaurant in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment