Thursday, June 16, 2011

Running Without Headphones...Amazing!

On today's menu was an egg scramble with bacon and a delicious homemade blueberry muffin. This breakfast hit the spot and left me completely satisfied and ready for my morning run.

1 egg with spinach, onions, bell pepper and tomatoes = best egg scramble ever!

Today I was determined to get me 5 mile run in early. My headphone's recently broke so I decided to try running without them. I have always wondered how people run without the noise and entertainment of headphones. Today I tried it out and....it was not to bad. It was actually really soothing and relaxing not to have them in. My fear was that I would get bored! The reality was that I was more aware during my run...and it felt natural. I was able to hear my breathing and feet hit the groung mile after mile which was very comforting. I know everyone is probably saying "she is full of bleep." But I promise I am not lying it was really nice to run without distractions. I think everyone should try it once...its not for everyone.

When I got back from my rejuvanating run I decided to make a protein smoothie. I whipped up the perfect strawberry/banana smoothie that was the perfect post workout smoothie. I even topped it with a handful of Peanut Butter Granola. It was perfection in a bowl. :) After eating this I contemplated going for another run just so I could fix another one of these perfect post workout protein smoothies!


My challenge to everyone is to try and run without headphones and see how you feel. I would love to hear any feedback about if you like or dislike it.

No comments:

Post a Comment