Sunday, June 5, 2011

I LOVE Pole Dancing!

On the agenda today was Introduction to Pole Dancing. My friend Sarah and I bought a Living Social Deal and scheduled to redeem it today. As we were driving we were both dreading it...I think I was dreading it because it was something new and also 70 degrees out.


As we approached the class room our instructor came out to greet us. He...yes he was very friendly and had beautiful toe nail polish on. He made me laugh non-stop! His first question was "Have any of you ever pole danced before?" Of course I said nothing but he looked towards Sarah & I and said "Dancing on a pole in Vegas counts!"

I mean I started cracking up because I really couldn't do that...ever. So class began with stretching and learning the basics of pole dancing. When I first gripped the pole and tried to spin around it and felt completely out of control and a little scared. I have to admit the pole and class really intimidated me. Something happened halfway through the class...I no longer had any fear of the pole! I was bummed I wasted so much time.

I was totally excited when my fear subsided and I was able to nail the move below. It felt so good to because I was able to move in ways I thought I never would...I wasn't sexy by any means. Think Tina Fey on a pole and that is what I looked like.


This might sound weird but pole dancing gave me a rush of adrenaline that was undeniable...as the class wore on I found myself totally caught up in the movement. And then I thought...if I were a stripper what would my name be??? I came up with Bambi...sweet, innocent and totally awkward! :)

As class came to an end I was a little sad because it was lots of fun! I just wanted to practice more and become as elegant as our instructor. :) Today I learned that pole dancing is freaking hard, a great workout, a great way to feel sexy & totally addicting! Everyone should try pole dancing at least once. I am no pole dancer but it really does allow you to be you! :)

After our pole dancing excursion Sarah and I did a tiny bit of shopping and got some bubble tea! Pitaya is da bomb...I got a cute pair of shorts and sunglasses for under $20 and Yunnie Bubble Tea is the most delicious bubble tea ever. COCONUT never disappoints me.


When I got home I decided to make a Quick Shrimp Chowder from CookingLight.com. This chowder is so easy to prepare and has the simplest ingredients. Oh and the best part is that it is DELICIOUS, it is so tasty, thick and light! This recipe definitely gets TWO THUMBS UP!



No comments:

Post a Comment