Thursday, June 16, 2011

Grilled Salmon with Mango Coconut Salsa

I am excited to say...Friday Happy Hour has returned. Today I decided to meet up with a fun couple for a quick drink and snack. Happy Hour destination was John Howie Steakhouse...check out my previous post to see my first review Ritzy Steakhouse for Happy Hour...Yes Please. I had been thinking about this happy hour all day and wasn't sure what snack I was going to order because they are all so GOOD. I decided on deviled eggs...topped with bacon truffle! Seriously the best deviled eggs I have ever had. I paired my snack with John Howie Amber Ale and it tasted pretty darn good.

Bacon truffle = amazing

This was a quick happy hour because I promised the beau that we would have a Friday Date Night. On tonight's menu was Grilled Salmon with Mango Coconut Salsa courtsey of Cooking Light of course. I prepared the salsa earlier in the day because you are to broil the poblano better, take the skin and seeds out and then dice. I am such a slow chopper that I decided to just make the entire salsa less the mango. It saved me a ton of time to prep it before dinner.


The salmon was prepared the grill and was paired with grilled zucchini! Check out how color is on the -plate...the salsa was really tasty. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was sweet with a touch of spice. I wish the coconut was a more dominant flavor but it was over-powered by the mango and poblano. I would still recommend this meal for a nice summer dinner on the patio.

Off for a short walk because the weather is so wonderful...summer in Seattle in the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment