Tuesday, October 18, 2011

REVIEW: Seattle Restaurant Week - The Georgian

My favorite week of dining is finally here again. Yep that's right, Seattle Restaurant Week is back and I have been looking forward to it for weeks. Check out my experience last year at the expensive restaurant The Barking Frog for Dine Around Seattle, which is pretty much the same as Seattle Restaurant Week. Tonight's dinner choice is the Georgian at the Olympic Fairmont Hotel in Seattle. Tassoula my fellow foodie and I decided that we would be meet at The Georgian for a formal feast.

As we walked into The Georgian it was very elegant and regal. I almost felt under dressed and was feeling a little self consicious but it subsided once the waiter came to our table... because he was so nice. In fact all the wait staff was friendly and helpful. Tassoula and I were looking over our options and finally decided to order our three courses with wine pairings. :)

After we placed our order and were talking a mile a minute we paused as our bread was presented to us with 5 different butters to choose from... check out how perfect the arrangement was. So PRETTY and tasty too!


After loving the bread... the real fun began. Both Tassoula and I ordered the Sugar Pie Pumpkin Bisque with Sage Truffle Dumplings and Brown Butter Froth. And believe me it was fantastic. The soup was perfect and I recommend it to everyone. I may just go back for lunch and order it with the bread basket. :) The picture below just doesn't do it justice. It was paired with a wonderful Sauvignon Blanc.


For my main course I ordered Organic Free-Range Chicken Wrapped in Spanish Chorizo with Balsamic Onion, Red Wine Risotto. And it was paired with Cabernet Sauvignon that was AMAZING. The chicken was delish especially when you ate a bite of chicken and risotto at the same time. :) Plus is was beautiful.


My last course... which is of course my favorite, I ordered Caramel Fleur de sel Beignets with Spiced Hot Chocolate. The moment I saw beignets on the menu I was sold! I was so excited when they were placed in front of me because there were three beignets served over chocolate and topped with strawberry sorbet! Mouthwatering good and beautiful too.


My three couse dinner was perfect and delicious. The company was AMAZING, the service was impeccable, the food was delicious, the wine was tasty and the price didn't break the bank. Seattle Restaurant Week is the perfect opportunity to try fancy places on a budget. I am so glad I tried The Georgian... I think I will be back for the holidays because the decor, atmosphere are so elegant and perfect for that time of year.

Another successful date with the beautiful Tassoula, I can't wait until our next adventure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment